It seems just as soon as I got used to writing 2009, it's time to change to 2010! I've certainly been through a lot this year (myself and with my family) so I'm ready to look at 2010 with some hope for change! I know that my only true hope comes from the love and faithfulness of Jesus Christ who died for my sins! However, I am hoping that as I pray for wisdom on how to approach some small tangible things in our lives, I will glean a little extra hope on how to plan, prioritize and put into action changes that need to be made!
The first thing I really want to work on this year is my thought patterns. Last year was a very difficult year for me emotionally, to say the least. There are so many facets of why and what can be done, but ONE thing that I CAN do that will help is redirecting my thought patterns from negative to positive. It is so easy to think, "it feel so unfair my husband gets to attend a meeting at church while I stay home to feed the kids, bathe them, and then get them to bed--I'd like to attend and have some adult interaction too!" It's harder to think, "I am so glad my husband has this opportunity because he doesn't get a chance to see his church friends as much as I do and there are a couple of small projects I can get done after the kids go to bed and before he gets home so we can maybe watch a movie or play a game after he gets home!" So, goal number one is: To counter each negative thought with a positive thought!
The second thing I want to work on is completing projects. I LOVE projects. I love buying a pattern, material, thread, notions and DREAMING of the beautiful creation that waits; only to have all the above still sitting in my craft box six months later. This is a waste of money and space. The worst part? I keep doing it!! So, goal number two is: complete 1-2 attainable projects each month. I will not allow myself to buy materials for additional projects until started projects are completed!
The third thing I need to help on is not giving up! For example, I will start an exercise routine but when it just doesn't work, I stop. I don't try to figure out how to make it better or try something different. Hmmm, probably will need some accountability in this one! :-) So, goal number three is not give up on road blocks!
What about you? What are some of your New Years Resolutions?
New Location
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment