Friday, August 7, 2009

Making a Dress

For the past few days, my oldest daughter has been insisting that she needs to make a dress. This morning, I thought, why not? So here's the dress we made! Thanks to my hubby for helping to photo journal the project! :-)

First we selected fabric from my big box of sewing materials:


Next I took some measurements:



Then I made a pattern:


Making sure it "fits" so far:


Pinning the pattern on:


Cutting the fabric:


Pinning and basting:


Is it still fitting?:


Sewing and hemming:


All done:

8 comments:

MontyG3..4! said...

I am uber impressed!

Mandie said...

I just got a sewing machine (my mom's hand-me-down). I have no idea how to sew. I could use your expertise!

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed - with both of you! What domestic divas!

The Happy Housewife said...

Awww, so cute! What a fun project to do with your little girl.
I can't wait to get my craft area set up in the new house so I can start sewing again!
Toni

Anonymous said...

That is too cute!!! What a great memory moment for you two! :)

Amber said...

Absolutely adorable!

char said...

Very nice! and so quick. I have stacks of material or clothes I plan on using to make something else with-just waiting on a machine. I am NO good at sewing by hand!

The Mommy Chef said...

I am so jealous! I want a new dress:) When I was a little girl, my grandma tried to teach me to sew and I declined. Now, I wish I could be 10 again for her to teach me. Your daughter is a lucky girl.