The Pumpkin:
Cutting the Pumpkin and removing the pulp and seeds:
Putting the sliced pumpkin in a pan for 'baking:'
While the pumpkin flesh is softening in the oven, washing the seeds:
Washing the seeds didn't actually take that long, so I chose a movie to watch (and fold laundry) while waiting for the pumpkin to come out of the oven:
The pumpkin comes out after an 1 1/4 hours!
Scooping off the flesh:
(it's midnight, Cinderella):
One of my husband's favorite parts, the use of a power tool! Time to puree the pumpkin flesh:
And then stored by 1 cup portions:
Adding the pumpkin and few extra spices to our pancakes this morning:
My husband's next favorite part, very yummy pumpkin pancakes:
And remember those seeds? I tossed them with a little EVOO, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg then roasted them up! Soooo yummy!

1 comment:
Wow! I didn't know you could do anything other than decorate those things! You mean they're good for eating too? :) Looks yummy. You're quite the domestic diva!
Post a Comment